Our Program Features:
- Family Atmosphere within a structured therapeutic environment. Certified staff that works as a team as “Teaching Parents” living with the residents
- Maximum of ten residents per cottage. Two per bedroom
- Former show horse ranch. Horses are available and used for Equine Assisted Therapy
- Many recreational activities available on-grounds, including fishing, weight and recreation rooms, softball field, lighted outdoor basketball, tennis and volleyball courts, gymnasium, indoor year round swimming pool, and more. Resident basketball team
- Activities Coordinator on staff
What kind of youth are accepted?
What kind of youth are not accepted?
New River Ranch utilizes a level system to track each resident’s progress. Children are successfully discharged once the treatment team and/or the court feels progress has warranted release.
These children will participate on the above mentioned level system as well. However, once they have shown a predetermined amount of progress they may participate in the Transitional Living Program. These residents still live in the cottage, but they receive more privileges and more responsibility. Once these children are ready to leave the program, New River Ranch will do everything possible to assist them in finding appropriate housing, job and/or schooling. Also, New River Ranch welcomes all previous residents to return during the holidays should they have no other place to go.
Any referral will be given consideration due to special circumstances or situations. If the referent believes placement in Level I Supportive Care is appropriate and the interview warrants placement, usually a minimum of a thirty day trial placement is required.